If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined in the Policy, please do not submit any personal data to us.
How do I unsubscribe?
We are sorry that you do not want to hear from us anymore, to unsubscribe just simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or reply to any email sent to you from Recognition One and state unsubscribe. You then will no longer receive marketing information from Recognition One.
Who is the controller of the data that you provide to us?
Recognition One Ltd and its operating affiliates are registered as data controllers in the United Kingdom for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. We ensure that the data you supply to us is processed fairly and lawfully, and with skill and care and used only for the purposes set out in this policy.
What information will we collect? How will we use it?
We will collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your resume or information you share with us).
The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- To provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you
- To send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs and potential opportunities
- To enable you to submit your resume, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you
- To allow you to participate in online training services
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To market our full range of recruitment services to you (search, temporary, and recruitment process outsourcing services)
- To enable us to develop and market other products and services and where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
- To improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website and our group company’s websites when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
- To send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes
To answer your questions
- To third parties we are to provide services that you or our client have requested such as references, qualifications and criminal background checking services, verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skill tests
- To third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners.
- To regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- To use your information on an anonymized basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us or between us and our clients
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
Where will my information be held?
Where will it be accessible from?
How do I find out what information you hold?
Can I amend, modify or require my information to be deleted?
Can I unsubscribe to your services?
You may request us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time and may request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. We also have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. We will seek to act on your request in the timescale required by applicable data protection laws.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us with respect to the above matters please email us at email@example.com.
How long will you hold my information for?
We are required by law to hold your information for as long as is necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations and in accordance with our legitimate interests as a data controller.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that your Personal Data is maintained and up to date. However, you are under a duty to inform us of any and all changes to your Personal Data to ensure that it is up to date and we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly.
Sending us information over the internet
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our websites
We also collect information about the way jobseekers and visitors use this website in order to improve our services. We do not use information gained in this manner in a way that any individual can be identified, and will use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc, for all the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes where you have consented to this. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
A cookie is a small data file which is sent from a web server to a web browser when that browser visits the server’s site. We obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored in the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
They enable us to:
- Remember your login
- Recognize you when you return to our site
- Track web traffic on an aggregate basis (i.e. no individuals are identified)
- Track campaigns
- Keep session information such as your last search
The following information may be collected through your device and browser:
- your device’s IP address (collected and stored in an anonymized format);
- your email address including first name and last name;
- device screen size;
- device type (unique device identifiers) and browser information;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage.
- Log data
Our servers automatically record information which is created upon using. Data includes:
- referring domain;
- pages visited;
- geographic location (country only);
- preferred language used to display the webpage;
- date and time when website pages were accessed;
This can be cleared by the use of clearing your cookies.
Links to other websites: